Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Workforce Solutions office locations across West Central Texas offer in-person services to customers by appointment on the following schedule:
- Abilene Workforce Center: Monday-Friday
- Brownwood Workforce Center: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Eastland Workforce Center: Thursdays
- Snyder Workforce Center: Mondays and Wednesdays (new location at College on the Square)
- Sweetwater Workforce Center: Tuesdays and Thursdays
All appointments must be scheduled in advance. A full slate of virtual services to workers, employers, area families, and child care providers is also available with extended hours Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-7:00PM.
Health & Safety Measures
The health and safety of our customers, staff, employers, partners, and area families is of utmost importance to us. We are taking the following steps in our Centers:
- Providing guidance to staff on recommended health and safety practices.
- Offering information and services to job seekers, employers, early childhood programs and parents virtually via web chat, phone, online tools and services, Facebook Live sessions, and more.
- Deep cleaning and regular sanitation using electrostatic sprayers at all locations.
- Delivering in-person services by appointment only to ensure adequate spacing and cleaning can occur.
- Following additional health and safety protocols that promote social distancing.
Face coverings are encouraged for individuals in our Centers who are unvaccinated. As new information is released, we will continue to make adjustments and stay in close communication with staff and customers.
Quick Links on COVID-19
- Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- Guidance for School & Child Care Settings
- Guidance to Protect Yourself & Your Family
- Guidance & Support for Small Businesses
- Guidance for Individuals with Disabilities
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Texas Health & Human Services
- Texas Education Agency Info for Districts
- World Health Organization (WHO) Q&A YouTube Video
- Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities YouTube Channel
- Texas Education Agency Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Essential Protections During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Checklist for Companies with Remote Workers
- Q&A from the Office of the Commissioner Representing Employers
- Questions About Unemployment Insurance & COVID-19
- Texas Dept. of Agriculture COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Texas Workforce Commission Resources for Employers
- Texas Workforce Commission Resources for Small Businesses Linked In Social Network
- Tips for Conducting Virtual Interviews
- Unemployment Benefit Claim Overview (Employers)