Essential Job Functions:
As a Texas Works Advisor I (TWA I) / Medical Eligibility Specialist I (MES I) / Hospital Base Worker I (HBW I) you will receive paid, formal, training to perform the following essential job functions:
- Interview applicants and recipients in person or by inbound or outbound telephone calls to obtain pertinent financial and personal information to determine financial eligibility for public assistance programs.
- Evaluate data from various electronic and other sources to enter information into a computer-based eligibility system.
- Compute and authorize benefits based on eligibility determination.
- Process work in accordance with state and federal regulations and established procedures, guidelines and timeframes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
In addition to the above-listed abilities, the following knowledge, skills and additional abilities are desired:
- Use fact-finding techniques to obtain, relate and evaluate information provided by applicants.
- Read, understand, apply and explain detailed regulations and policies.
- Perform basic arithmetic functions.
- Manage time efficiently by establishing priorities in accordance to importance of deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Operate computers to perform data entry and basic office software use such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Follow written and oral directions and instructions.
Salary: $2,320.00 - $3,649.83 per month.