Maintains custody, care, and control of inmates/detainees/USMS. Monitors inmate/detainees/USMS activities assigned to the unit in compliance with company policies, procedures, and jail standards established by the Texas commission on jail standards and contracting agencies.
- Supervises inmates/detainees/USMS in living areas and recreational activities. Supervises inmates/detainees/USMS and visitors in visitation areas.
- Serves as a control center officer, coordinates, and monitors inmate/detainees/USMS movements, conduct counts, and provides emergency response.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates/detainees/USMS in the event of injury, illness, and emotional trauma.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Conduct shakedown for contraband materials.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance and/or repairs.
- Serves as a member of special teams to respond.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
Pay: $19.96 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift