The City of Brownwood is seeking a Full-Time Light Equipment Operator.
This non-supervisory position is responsible for the operation of equipment requiring above-average driving skills and manipulative ability and for mowing over 200 acres of city-owned property and vacant lots within the city; must be able to skillfully operate tractor with mower and other related equipment. Must be willing to adopt and exhibit the City of Brownwood I SERVE Core Values.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Operate tractor with mower attachments
- Operate power mower, hedge trimmers, edger and weed eater when required
- Perform routine grounds maintenance, including cutting grass, trimming hedges and trees, planting grass, watering, filling holes, picking up litter and other debris
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Assist in the general clean-up of all areas of the city, including downtown, as directed by the Parks Supervisor
- Assist in repairs of fences, gates, walls, playground equipment and bleachers including painting and plumbing; 7) Operates welder and cutting torch
- Assist in moving tables, chairs and other equipment to various locations as directed by Parks Supervisor
- Cleans restrooms in park and recreational buildings
- Perform other duties as assigned by Parks Supervisor
Pay: $2,670 per month