The objective of the Project Manager (PM) is to ensure the city plans and completes internal infrastructure, public improvements, and vertical building projects on time and within budget. The PM is also responsible for facilitating capital projects in City Master Plans and grant-funded projects. The Project Manager serves as the hub for communication, record-keeping, and coordination of multiple city departments, consultants, engineers, state and federal agencies, and contractors. Must be willing to adopt and exhibit the City of Brownwood “I SERVE” Core Values.
- The Project Manager will ensure that city projects are planned and delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner and that the project will achieve the desired objective.
- Responsible for working with consultants, contractors, engineers, and staff to draft specifications for bid documents, solicit bids and Request for Proposals (RFP's), and evaluate proposals and rate responses.
- Assist in plan review and recommendations for alternative methods.
- Collaborate with senior management, engineering, and end-users to establish goals and monitor results.
- Provide project management for improvements to public buildings, parks and recreation spaces, roads, and utility infrastructure to include assisting in contract negotiations, quality assurance, review of construction plans, negotiation of change orders, preparation and tracking of schedules, preparation of cost estimates, preparation and review of specifications, management of construction cost, review pay estimates and change order requests, and preparing contract documents.
- Work closely with Construction Quality Control Manager to assure that work is performed in accordance with contract plans, specifications, city codes, and ordinances.
- Assist administration in long-term planning and execution of Master Plan projects and capital budgets.
- Serve as the city's primary contact for Council-directed capital projects and grants by fulfilling reporting and project administration requirements and submitting required documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum pay starts at: $58000.00 (DOE)
Maximum Pay: $65000.00 per year
Job Order #15984878