Under the supervision of the Chief of JCI, this position is designed to provide leadership to the Vocational Apprenticeship Program. Program Specialist shall organize and recruit apprentices in developing skills and personal desires for future employment. Employee should demonstrate dedication to working closely with employer supervisors and contact staff to develop successful apprenticeships along with completing assessments, evaluation, reports and other documentation. Work schedule may require flexibility and the use of a Center vehicle to travel within a 7-county catchment area.
- Graduate of accredited high school or GED required.
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Capable of safely operating a truck or van while transporting individuals.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as computer skills for report preparation and documentation.
- Must be able to complete all training successfully for the Vocational Apprenticeship Program as well as CFLR.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License with driving record to comply with CTMHMR policies is required.
- If selected for this position, employee must give the Center authority to send for copy of DPS driving record as well as all required prescreens and background checks.
- Must be physically able to complete required staff training.
Minimum pay: $2912.22 (DOE)
Maximum pay: $3689.10 per month
Job Order #15967178