Deputy Constable - Bailiff
- This law enforcement position primarily operates as a Bailiff in the District Courts.
- A bailiff must be at least 21 years old and hold a peace officer license under Chapter 1701, Occupations Code, from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. Criminal history and background investigations will be conducted on all applicants.
- A bailiff must complete the 8-hour (or longer) Court Security Course.
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness.
- Enforce courtroom rules of behavior and warn persons not to disturb court procedure.
- Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
Starting Salary: $49,000.00 per year + benefits
Job Order #15988348