Texas Department of Transportation
Maintenance Section Supervisor II - Nolan County
Oversees a maintenance section and is responsible for providing a safe driving thoroughfare within a geographic area of the state through the maintenance of all roads, structures and rights-of-way. Oversees a maintenance section with a rank sum ratio of section lane miles and truck/vehicles per lane in accordance with the published rank sum. Supervises technical and clerical employees. Work requires responding to emergency notification on an as-needed basis. Work requires contact with governmental officials, private entities and the public. Employees at this level establish their own work plan and priorities to meet set objectives. Issues are rarely referred to the supervisor but are handled at the occurrence.
- Administers and inspects contracted maintenance activities.
- Handles public complaints.
- Inspects road conditions, work-in-progress and work completed by the crews and contractors.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements emergency response to inclement weather, flooding, accidents, and hazardous material spills affecting area roadways.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates work project needs to include personnel, equipment and material with the Area Engineer and other district staff on a regular basis.
- Prepares and monitors the budget.
Education: High School Grad or Equivalent in general high school studies.
- 8 years roadway maintenance or construction-related work. (Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated part-time equivalent). Related college education or relevant technical training may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis. Substitutions for Minimum Qualifications
- Must have 3 years supervisory/managerial experience. Project leader or lead worker experience may substitute for supervisory/managerial experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must have valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL). This position requires driving a state vehicle.
Salary: $58,184.00 - $94,913.00 per year
Job Order #16172752