New Horizons Ranch
Therapist (LPC, LMFT, or LCSW) (Brownwood)
Therapist Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitating individually tailored therapy sessions with individuals, groups and families.
- Communicating and working with the interdisciplinary team and direct care staff to ensure the therapeutic needs of the kids and adolescents in care are met and to determine the best practice for meeting those needs.
- Collaborating to development individualized treatment plans.
- Accurately completing and maintaining required documentation and case notes per New Horizons' policy and state issued Minimum Standards including treatment plan updates and progress notes.
- Developing, conducting and monitoring appropriate therapeutic tasks, to assist each kid in accomplishing their treatment goals.
- Following the New Horizons' Philosophy and Guidelines, Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Applicants with a strong clinical background in trauma based therapeutic approaches (Trauma Informed Care and Trauma Resolution) are preferred.
- Experience in Residential Treatment, Play Therapy and Animal Assisted Therapy with focus on Equine Assisted Therapy is a plus.
- Applicants must have insight and understanding of cultural diversity and have the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Be able to perform conflict resolution or crisis intervention.
- Applicants must possess a Masters degree in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or another qualifying social services field.
- Applicants must be fully Licensed in the State of Texas in their respective fields. Accepted Licensures: LPC, LMFT or LCSW. (We cannot accept Interns at this time)
- Applicants must be Eligible for Medicaid Billing.
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and tuberculosis screening.
Salary: $70,000/Year (Depending on Experience)
Job Order #16281682