General Transportation Tech I:
Performs routine transportation operations or maintenance support work such as: construction, maintenance, and/or material and process inspections; roadway maintenance and repair; light and heavy equipment operation; preventive and minor maintenance on equipment, traffic control; and helping the public during emergency situations. Work requires contact with private entities. Employees at this level follow standard practices that do not require frequent supervision of details.
Licenses and Certifications
The following Licenses and Certifications are required for this job:
- Safety Impact Certificate
- Commercial Driver Certificate
- Required to obtain Commercial Driver's License within 120 days of employment with N endorsement.
Safety Impact and Commercial Driver Certifications are not required at the time of application. Safety Certification and Commercial Driver Certification will be issued by TxDOT at the time of hire.
- This is a Safety Impact position as well as a Commercial Driver position and will be subject to random drug testing.
- This position required you to drive for TxDOT.
Salary $31,144 - $49,134 yearly