Child Care Services
Services to Families
Workforce Solutions’ Child Care Services (CCS) program offers financial assistance to help qualifying families pay their child care expenses so they can work, go to school, or attend a training program. Families receiving child care assistance must meet federal, state, and local guidelines in order to qualify for child care assistance.
The information contained on this website is here to help you:
ATTENTION! COVID-19 Funding & Child Care Services Update
As the Texas economy reopens, the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) will soon begin phasing out the emergency program to subsidize childcare for Texas’ essential workers. Child care providers are now able to resume services for all parents in need of child care.
- COVID-19 Essential Worker Care: TWC began enrolling children of essential workers in April to help address the unanticipated consequences of school closures, and to provide parents with a stopgap measure to address this unanticipated need. As the school year comes to a close, new applications for this program have closed. Applications already received will be processed, and children previously enrolled will continue to receive their three months of subsidized child care.
- Parents’ Share of Cost (PSOC) for At-Risk Child Care: TWC waived the PSOC for all at-risk families, effective April 1, effectively paying 100 percent of the costs, as TWC continued to pay providers even while children may be absent. Child care facilities are now reopened to all families, and TWC will reinstitute the requirement for parents receiving financial assistance to pay for a portion of their costs for child effective June 1st. These costs may be waived, on a case by case basis, if parents continue to be unable to meet this financial obligation.
Services to Child Care Providers
Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas also offers services to child care providers, including information regarding:
- How to become a provider of services to families qualifying for assistance
- Our child care provider training program
- The Texas Rising Star quality child care program
For more information, please contact us.