Q: Who will be judging the videos?
- Local employers, representatives from sectors such as education, media, etc. and community members will serve as judges.
Q: What are the scoring criteria?
- Inclusion of required content:
- introductory title frame
- information regarding essential knowledge, skills, and abilities
- career pathway information (high school, post-secondary, and employment opportunities)
- local, regional, and/or state employers
- video credits
- fits within required length
- Overall quality
- Effective delivery of message
- Entertainment value
Q: What do you mean by "interview" an employer or person in the field of work?
- One important part of career exploration is engaging with people in the field. We strongly encourage students to visit with employers/people in the field in order to learn more about the work environment, opportunities for advancement, required knowledge, skills, and abilities, etc. Interviews will earn extra points!
Q: Do you have any resources that our students can reference for information?
- Yes! Check the bottom of the Careers in Action webpage for resources.